Repairs & Services
Let our trained staff of technicians, or your local authorized reel warranty center, inspect your reels, put them in perfect working condition, and make them look and work like new again.
Need your PENN reels repaired, greased or cleaned? Let our trained staff of professional technicians inspect your reels, put them in perfect working condition, and make them look and work like new again.
What We Need From You
- Your reel (Please make sure you properly package and insure your reel. We recommend you send your reels to PENN via UPS so that the shipment can be tracked and we can verify receipt of your goods.)
- Dated reel proof of purchase (For warranty consideration a dated proof of purchase must be included with returned product.)
- Completed Repair Form (Please DO NOT Send Cash)
Where to Send Your Reel
In the U.S.
- Factory Service Department
PENN Fishing Tackle Mfg. Co.
3028 West Hunting Park Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19132
- Aikman’s Sporting Goods Repair
3010 Novar Road
Mississauga, ON L5B 1S4
Mike's Reel Repair
#208-45910 Rowat Ave
Chilliwack, BC, V2P0L2
Reel Repair Pricing
All reel repairs will be assessed a $10.00 per reel processing & handling fee, plus the applicable labor, parts and shipping charges. We will contact you directly to take payment, which can be made by phone via credit card.
- Handling/Processing/Packaging/Diagnosis/Supplies Fixed fee = $10.00 per reel
- Flat Labor rate = Based on model
- Parts = Per Consumer Price List
- Shipping = Per UPS rates
Parts & Service
Reels are completely disassembled, degreased and cleaned, all parts are inspected, worn parts are replaced, reel is properly lubricated, reassembled and inspected for proper operation.
Shipping charges are based on the weight of the shipment, value of the shipment, destination and number of reels in the shipment.
Reels No Longer Serviced
We regret to inform you that we are no longer able to service the following PENN reels and downriggers. We appreciate your patronage and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
- Spinfisher Greenie & Z-Series
- PG Series
- Silver Series
- SS Series
- GLS Lever Drag
- Baitcast/Levelmatic (910/920/930/940)
- GTO Level Wind
- Mag Power 970/80/90
- 800 Series of line counter reels
- Mariner Series
- 118 16/0 Senator reel
- Electric/Manual Downriggers
- Fly reels
While we no longer service these reels, they are still eligible for our exchange program, which offers customers an upgrade to a new series of reel (refurbished or new) at a discounted price with a full one-year warranty. If your PENN reel is not on this list, please contact us for information about servicing/exchanging your reel.
PENN warrants to the original purchaser that its rods are free from defects in materials or workmanship for a period of one year from the date of purchase. PENN is not responsible for normal wear and tear, nor failures caused by accidents, abuse, alteration, modification, misuse or improper care. This applies to either rods purchased separately or as a combo unit.
We do not offer repair or parts for rods. If your rod failed due to a manufacturing defect and is still under warranty, we will be happy to replace it with a new rod of the same or a comparable model. If your rod is within the original warranty period, we will need to inspect your rod to determine the nature of the defect. Please send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org. These easy steps will help us take care of your warranty claim as efficiently as possible:
- Photograph of rod clearly showing the model (found directly above the handle)
- Photograph clearly showing the broken area(s) of the rod
- Copy of the dated receipt or proof of purchase
- A brief description of how your rod broke
- Your address and a daytime contact number
Rods under warranty will be replaced for a processing fee of $19.95 US. We will contact you directly to take payment, which can be made by phone via credit card. In the event your rod is no longer manufactured or is currently unavailable, we will also give you a call to discuss your replacement options. Rods that do not qualify for warranty replacement may also be submitted for a discounted replacement. Please contact us directly for details at (800) 892 – 5444 (Monday thru Friday, 8 AM- 6 PM EST).