This article originally appeared on Traeger Grills.
Get hooked on amazing wood-fired flavor with Traeger’s grilled red snapper recipe. We’re searing this fish hot and fast with the unbeatable power of our new D2® drivetrain, then serving it up with micro greens, for a smokin’ seafood experience like no other.
- 1/4 Cup butter, melted
- 1/4 Cup Harissa
- 1 Whole Red Snapper, rinsed and pat dried
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 Cup salt
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lime, juiced
- 1 Teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon fish sauce
- To Taste salt and pepper
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 Bunch Watercress
- 2 Cherry Peppers, thinly sliced
- 3 Scallions, sliced
- 2 Tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tablespoon Mint Leaves, Thinly Sliced
- In a medium bowl combine melted butter and harissa.
- When ready to cook, set the temperature to High and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Coat the exterior of the fish with olive oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Place fish directly on the grill grate, brush with the harissa-butter mixture and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- While the fish cooks, prepare the salad. In a small bowl combine the lime juice, brown sugar, fish sauce, salt and pepper. While whisking, slowly stream in olive oil. In a medium bowl combine the watercress, peppers, scallions, cilantro and mint. Wait to dress the salad until ready to serve.
- Flip the fish and brush the other side with harissa-butter mixture. Close the lid and continue to cook 10-15 minutes more until the internal temperature registers 145℉.
- Carefully remove the fish from the grill and place on a serving platter. Drizzle the dressing over the greens, season to taste with salt and pepper and mix to coat.
- Pile the salad over the top of the fish and drizzle the fish with remaining dressing if desired. Enjoy!